Thursday, March 20, 2008

Emmie's Room

When I found out Lainie was a little girl, I already had an image in my head of what her nursery would look like. I knew what crib I would be using, what bedding I wanted, and I knew I wanted a mural painted on her wall. It really was just a matter of putting it all together. With Emmie, I had NO idea! Justin and I kept going back and forth on whether we wanted to buy her a crib and keep Lainie in her crib, or if we wanted to just move Lainie to a "big girl bed" and put Emmie in Lainie's crib. Decisions, decisions!

We finally came to the conclusion that leaving Lainie in her crib for as long as possible might save us some headaches in the long run. We found a convertible crib for Emmie that we liked, along with a dresser and chest of drawers. This would be perfect because Emmie would now have a bedroom set that she could grow into and Lainie would have her own as well. Decision made! This is what we decided on for baby Emmie.
http://www.munirefurniture.com/savannah_01.htm

Once I had that decision made, I was free to start looking for bedding. I thought I wanted to do pink and green, so that narrowed my choices down. I really could not find anything in stores. While my mom was in town, we looked at fabric stores, baby stores, more fabric stores, more baby stores and on and on!! We could not find anything, until I found the website www.polkatotdesigns.com. They custom make your bedding for you and have tons of fabrics to choose from! I found something that I really loved, so we decided to go for it. Here is what Emmie's bedding will look like.



The only difference will be the solid pink in the picture will actually be a pale pink minky dot fabric on Emmie's bedding. I thought I would try and soften the look a little bit.

So, there you have it.....our decisions on Emmie's nursery so far. The bedding won't be here for 6 weeks and the crib won't be here until June (ugh), but at least we are making progress. We are going to have to start moving furniture around so we can begin the painting process and all! I want to get that part done as soon as possible so we don't have to worry about it! I will be sure to post pics of the finished product this summer!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Love the furniture and bedding choice! Several of my friends have ordered furniture from Munire and they love it! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Christie said...

I love the bedding! It is gorgeous!
Guess what? I am 99% sure I am going to keep my job so we need to be planning a time to get together. I need a vacation after all this. I will see when Brigg's next tournament is and maybe we can get together that weekend.

Anonymous said...

Granna and Pops love little Emmie's new digs.