Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just Catching Up

I thought I would try and list a few of the things the girls have been up to lately. They seem to change all of the time, and I try to keep the blog updated as best I can with what's going on around here!

Lainie Bug:

*LOVES to make her baby sister laugh. She will do anything to get some good giggles out of Emmie.
*Favorite shows are Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Word World. She also loves the Praise Baby DVDs and will sing the songs along with the video. She walks around singing "Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty...."
*Is really into learning her letters which explains her love for Word World!

*Favorite books right now are "Llama, Llama Red Pajama," "Goodnight Moon," and "I Love You Through and Through." She also loves to look at the pictures in her Bible when we read it to her before bedtime.
*She has started asking "What's wrong, Mommy?" or "What's wrong, Daddy?" If we tell her that we are sorry for something, she will say, "That's okay." She also says "Sorry" if she does something to you by accident, and says "please, please, please" if she really wants something.
*Loves to tickle Emmie. She will say "I'm gonna get you" to Emmie and tickle her to make her smile.

*Just started telling me what she did at school when I pick her up. It is too cute!!
*Still loves music and dancing.
*Loves play-doh, finger paint, coloring and stickers. She would play with stickers for hours!
*Does NOT like to have her picture taken. I promise I do not favor Emmie over Lainie, although the picture ratio on the blog these days might have you wondering. Most of the pictures I get of Lainie Bug are when she is looking in a different direction. Oh, the joys of a 2 year old! :)


Emmie:

*She is now great at sitting up which makes bath time a blast for her! She loves to splash in the water.
*Smiles, smiles, smiles all the time...such a happy baby!

*Loves her fruit but tolerates her vegetables. If I feed her green vegetables, she will start doing a fake cough like she is gagging.
*Loves her sister more than words can explain. Lainie is the only one that can get her to "belly laugh." I have it on video and it is priceless! I wish I could figure out how to download it to the blog so you could see it.

*Also loves the Praise Baby DVDs and the music to go along with them.
*Has learned to put her paci in her mouth all by herself, even in the crib at night! YEA!

*Chews on everything!! She has her two bottom teeth, but I have to believe more are on the way.
*She loves to play with your face, and is amazed by facial hair!! She just stared at Pop's and Uncle Michael's face when they were here.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Such great pics of the girls! I have to say that you do a great job getting pics of Lainie despite the fact she does not like for her picture to be taken.

The Rumage's said...

Too sweet!

You'll have to share with me what kind of Bible you got Lainie...I need to get Baileigh one!

And lastly, what adorable little outifts they have on...such well dressed girls! :)

The Howards said...

They are so sweet! How do those bows stay tied so pretty?