Saturday, December 4, 2010

War Eagle!!!

Wow! What a great year this has been for our Auburn Tigers. We are so excited about our undefeated season, our SEC Championship and our road to the National Championship game.

Growing up, I always LOVED going to Auburn games with my dad. I remember driving down to Auburn early in the morning. We would get to the campus with all of our Auburn clothes on and always get our face painted at the bookstore. I remember going to see the eagle's house, going to Toomer's corner, walking around campus and then going into the stadium to cheer on our Tigers. We would see the eagle soar around the stadium at the beginning of the game, wave our shakers in the air and scream WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR EAGLE at kick off, watch Aubie and the cheerleaders perform, and sing the Auburn fight song. At the end of the game, everyone would chant, "It's Great To Be An Auburn Tiger, say It's Great To Be An Auburn Tiger" over and over again! After a win, we would go to Toomer's Corner and roll the heck out of the trees. There are so many great memories!!

I specifically remember one year driving to Auburn for a game and my dad buying me this little silver ring with a cross in the middle of it. I love that ring to this day and will always remember him getting it for me there. I also remember attending a game with him as a teenager and him taking me to pick out a cute Auburn t-shirt before the game.....still have it hanging in my closet.

I would love to be able to take my girls to Auburn games each year and build memories for them there just like I have, but we live a little too far away to make the drive each weekend. Hopefully, as they get older, we will be able to go to a few games. I love the atomosphere, the memories, and cheering on our Auburn Tigers! Right now, we are just teaching them to love orange and blue and how to say "WAR EAGLE!"

There is nothing like college football!

1 comment:

The Rumage's said...

First, I love the new header with the family pic...precious!
Second, congrats to your AU tigers this year (as much as it pains me to say that).
Third, I can't believe you are corrupting those poor girls by teaching them such dirty words! Roll Tide!
Hope you all have a wonderfully blessed and merry Christmas!