Friday, April 20, 2012

Girls Day Out

Lainie and Emmie,
I will always remember this special day together....our first "Girls Day Out." You both needed haircuts, so I made you each an appointment to get your hair cut, and then decided to add a pedicure for each of you to the schedule. You both love having your toes painted, and are constantly noticing the color of my toes. I knew you would love it.
Because Ellie is still so little, she stayed home with Daddy. We made our way to the salon, got your hair cut, and then made our way over to the big, pink butterfly chairs. Emmie put her toes in the water first, and was so excited. Emmie, you chose blue and purple polish with glitter to go on top. You wanted a pattern, so I asked the girl who was giving your pedicure to paint blue/purple/blue. You loved it! Lainie, you chose pink polish with glitter on top because that is what I had on my toes. You wanted your toes to look like mine, which totally melted my heart. You both loved the warm water, and the light that made the water change color. However, you weren't too crazy about the scrub that she put on your feet and legs to make your skin soft. When we were finished, you both picked out a lollipop, and we headed to eat lunch.
I had so much fun sharing your first pedicure experience with you. You were so much fun to enjoy a "girl's day" with, and I look forward to many, many more in our future. I can't wait until Ellie is old enough to join us too. You girls are such a blessing to me.
I love you both SO much! Mommy

No comments: