Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Small Comparison

I know this will probably guarantee that I will no longer be eligible for the "Mom of the Year" award, but I am going to write a small comparison post on my two girls. It truly is amazing to me how I can have two girls who are such different little beings! Love them both more than anything, but they are so different! For instance:

*Lainie never spit up....never!! I did feed her too much one time when she was very little and she threw up the milk, but as far as "spitting up"...never happened! Emmie....ummmm, can we say reflux?!

*Lainie never, ever threw up or had a blow out in her crib....NEVER! I never had to change her sheets and bedding due to a massive accident. Come to think of it, I never had to change her clothes due to a blowout. Emmie.....ummmmm, not so much! Let's just say the Omnicef didn't agree with her tummy. As far as changing clothes goes, we went through more outfits when she was a newborn than I thought was possible!

*Lainie rarely drooled. I never had to change her clothes or put a bib on her because she was drooling all over her clothes. Emmie.....well, bibs are definitely a great investment for us these days! Sometimes I wonder if she is drooling or if I gave birth to a small water fountain.

*Lainie took medicine like a champ. I stuck the syringe in her mouth and she drank the stuff like it was candy. Emmie....tolerates medicine, but is also known to spit it out at any given moment.

*Lainie LOVED rice cereal, oatmeal, etc. from the first day I stuck the spoon in her mouth. She ate that stuff, fruit or no fruit, for breakfast from the time she was 4 months old until she was 18 months old. Emmie.....HATING the stuff is an understatement for her.

*Lainie never, ever, ever spit her food at her mommy while feeding her. She ate it up and would never waste an ounce of baby food on spitting. Emmie.....well, I will let the pictures speak for themselves! :)




4 comments:

kimie said...

YUMMY! haha...glad i'm not planning on having any more kids. looks like it's a good thing that emmie is the last girl. her clothes are going to be destroyed! :)

The Rumage's said...

Those pics crack me up! Yuck - Omnicef and Augmentin - Omnicef=explosive diarrhea, and Augmentin=profuse vomiting.

Baileigh spit up too...she has just now gotten to where it has stopped, although from time to time it still rears it's ugly head! I'm told they usually "grow out of it".

Keri said...

What a mess! Maybe you should start feeding her in just her diaper :)

The Howards said...

Yuck!! That is funny how they are so different!