Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 10 Months to Emmie!

I know I am a little late on this one, but Emmie turned 10 months old on May 8! She actually went to the doctor for her "9-month" check-up on May 10. She weighed 21 pounds, 1 ounce and was 29 inches long. I didn't get percentiles from the doctor on those stats, but I will have to look them up so we have them documented!

At 10 months old, Emmie is just a little ray of sunshine! She smiles all the time and has 8 teeth to show off during those big grins. She is a chunk-a-munk, otherwise known as Chubs around our house! Rolls....oh my goodness, rolls for days around here! We love them! She is still not crawling, but will get on all fours and rock. She is still not pulling up, but will stand while holding on to something forever if you stand her up yourself! She does roll over to sleep on her tummy now, but will not roll back to her back by herself, although she is able! Do you sense a common personality trait here? I hate to use the word lazy to describe my sweet girl, but let's look at reality here! I mean, really?! Bless her!

She is now saying DaDa, GaGa, TaTa and screeches at the top of her lungs. The girl could break glass! Let's hope opera singing is not in her future because I despise opera.....sorry to any of those of you who might be opera singers. I just don't get it! ANYWAYS.....

She is eating table food now and loves it! For some reason, the girl has no trouble using those muscles to pick up food and feed herself! HA! She has tasted lots of different things, but Puffs, Cheerios, and cheese toast might be her favorite foods. I think it is safe to say that she is no candidate for the Atkins diet! :)

She loves to clap to music, or just clap because she is happy. If you ask her to clap, she will and smile the whole time. She also will raise her hands above her head when you ask her, "How big is Emmie?" She loves that and is so proud of herself every time she does it! She absolutely loves for anyone to play Pat-a-Cake with her, and loves any song to be sung.

Emmie and Lainie have really started interacting and crack each other up. It is very common to hear them laughing at each other in the back seat. Emmie has also discovered that Lainie will indeed steal her toys and definitely makes it known that she does NOT approve of that.

Here are some pics of our sweet girl at 10 months old:





4 comments:

Christie said...

Happy 10 months Emmie!!! You are such a cutie pie!!! We love you!

Keri said...

She's getting close to that first birthday! Happy 10 months!!

The Rumage's said...

LOVE IT! I just want to squeeze her. SO darn cute.

Jen said...

Sweet baby girl! Happy 10 months!
Nathan is the EXACT same way about the rolling over. It must be a chunky baby thing. I dare say he is lazy too.