Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lately

We have been staying so busy around here lately. When people ask how having 3 children is, I always tell them it isn't necessarily hard, it is just BUSY! I literally always have something I need to be doing.



The girls are doing so well. Lainie and Emmie are still loving having a baby sister. They love to take care of her, talk to her, love on her, etc. Miss Ellie is never lacking in the "getting attention" category. She is well loved to say the least!

Lainie is LOVING school this year. She is really starting to act like such a little girl instead of a toddler. She is busy learning songs for her Christmas program next weekend and loves to practice. She also loves to count and always asks me to count with her. As I was sitting in the den yesterday, I overheard her up in the bonus room saying The Pledge of Allegiance. She said it word for word. I was so impressed! I had no idea she even knew it....impressive! She is such a sponge these days and is always learning something new. Unfortunately, she is also becoming Little Miss Bossy too. Whew! Poor Emmie....she gets the brunt of Lainie's bossiness and desire to be an authority figure. She is constantly telling Emmie what to do, counting 1.2.3 and then putting her in time out if Em doesn't do what she wants her to do. We are working on that! :) It makes it harder to explain to her that she is not the mommy when Emmie actually listens to her and goes to time out when Lainie tells her to. Lainie loves to say the blessing at dinner and always sings "God Our Father." She is always so proud of herself as she sings. Lainie is about as picky as they come when eating. Her very favorite food is fruit. She will also eat pizza, spaghetti, yogurt, sunbutter and jelly sandwiches, tacos, salad, mac and cheese, baby carrots, veggie nuggets and loves salsa.


Emmie is just our little love bug! She still loves to be snuggled and loved on, which makes me so happy. She is always making us laugh. She is just so cute and has the sweetest little personality. She is also loving school and is busy learning songs for her Christmas program. It melts my heart when she sings "Joy To The World." She also loves to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle," "The B-I-B-L-E" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Emmie loves books and always wants to read. She is definitely the one who loves having a baby sister the most. She is such a little nurturer and loves to take care of any baby or baby doll she can find. She truly has a such a sweet heart. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but she also decided to finally let go of the pacifier. She went without it one night, and was pacifier free after that. Whenever she would ask for one, Justin and I would just tell her it went bye bye. She was fine with that answer, and has been great about it since! Awesome! Emmie is our little eater, and will eat anything we give her. The more "adult" the food is, the better she eats it. She loves vegetable beef soup, chili, spaghetti, tacos or taco salad, guacamole, green beans, peas, baby carrots, veggie nuggets, mac and cheese, fruit, yogurt, and on and on!! She is definitely not our picky child. However, as strange as it it, the child will not eat bread! She definitely doesn't take after her Mommy with this!


Ellie is just as sweet as ever! I will give her little update on her 2 month post. Just wanted to do a little update about the girls as a reminder to me more than anything!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could bring one of the girls home with me. They are soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't let this post go by without mentioning the loss of Ems' paci. Wow...can't believe giving it up was so easy. My baby is growing up.

Keri said...

Mere--they are precious!! I am looking forward to the day I see all of the girls...and you and Justin too!