Monday, November 3, 2008

A Little Less Pink

I have tried and tried to like the hot pink curtains in Emmie's nursery and I just couldn't make myself get there! I thought they would be really cute and pull out the hot pink in her bedding, but it was just TOO much pink for me and didn't look like a baby's nursery. I decided that I needed some change, so I went and picked out some sheer white curtains. They seem to make her nursery look more like a baby and fit her personality better! :) I changed her cover on the changing table to a light pink cover as well. I am thinking I might need to change the little rug as well....not sure! Here is the before and after picks (with the rug). Let me know what you think.

Before



After

5 comments:

Keri said...

You are so funny, how you just "tried and tried to like the hot pink curtains"...that just cracks me up. That definitely changes the look of whole room and does tone down the pink. I'll have to say I like both the pink and white curtains. I think the rug looks fine.

Christie said...

I agree with Keri! I laughed when I read "tried and tried to like the hot pink". It does definitely change the whole look of the room. I like the hot pink rug though!!! But of course I like hot pink - what can I say? My baby is wearing a hot pink pettiskirt to her bday party. Just thought I would let you down easy that I didn't get the light pink one... :)

Jen said...

I love the rug and changing table cover. Don't change those. I love the look of the sheer curtains in a baby's room. We have those in Nathan's room as well.

kimie said...

ahhh...yes, the sheer curtains are much more relaxing and much more "emmie." i like them SO much more. the rug is cute and you could leave the changing table cover to match the rug. i'm all about pastels with nurseries, though. you know me...BORING! LOL!!! thanks for the b'day wish. tyler gave me a surprise party...more on that later. love you! :)

The Rumage's said...

I like the room with the sheers. It gives it a "softer" appearance. But leave the changing pad cover and the rug...they give it just enough "pop".
You are way too funny worrying about "hot pink vs. sheers"!