As many of you know, sweet baby Emmie has been pretty sick with RSV this past week. She started running fever last Saturday night and progressively got worse over the weekend. We went to the doctor Monday and they ran tests to see if she had RSV and diagnosed her with a double ear infection. They gave her a breathing treatment and sent us home with an antibiotic prescription for her ears. They asked to see us again on Tuesday to check her breathing. We went in on Tuesday and they said she did, indeed, have RSV and tried another breathing treatment. They ended up giving her a shot of Rocefin and we were sent home with more breathing treatments.
Wednesday afternoon, she seemed to be having trouble breathing, was very lethargic and would not eat or drink anything. She really had not had more than 4 ounces of milk the previous day, so I knew she must be getting dehydrated. I called her doctor and they said to head to the ER. Once we got there, they said that she was extremely dehydrated and her oxygen levels were at 89%.....automatic admission! They started an IV and oxygen. We had a couple of rough days, but Emmie finally turned a corner on Friday morning. We came home Friday afternoon and she seems to be doing much better now. Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers! I was so touched by all of the phone calls, emails, text messages, visits and notes. Justin and I are so blessed with many special friends and family members!
Not sure who was more tired....Emmie or Mommy!
Look at that pitiful baby girl



4 comments:
Mere, I hate that I am so far away and wasn't able to come see you and Emmie and help out during this past week. I was so glad to hear that y'all were coming home! Hope Emmie is feeling lots better and hope that everyone is getting some much needed rest. Talk to you soon!
Those pictures are so pitiful. Sweet Emmie went through so much. I am so happy that she's home and feeling better!
Okay those pictures break my heart. Mere I am so sorry that you were going through that. Wish I was closer. So glad Emmie is better. Raylin and I have been praying for her everynight. Love ya'll!
Such a sad face. I am so glad to hear she is doing much better now. I know that was a scary time.
Post a Comment