Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alive Again!

Last Thursday, as I was with my husband shopping for a birthday gift for Emmie, I got that "oh no, I am getting sick feeling." You know the one...your skin hurts when you touch it, you feel strangely tired, and your body is a little achy but you have no explanation for it. I tried to will the feeling away and continued on with our shopping. Afterwards, I took the girls to Chick-fil-A for lunch, ate half of my fries and was so full I felt sick. I had not even started on my chicken yet. That, my friends, is NOT normal! I knew then that things weren't good.

I got home and took my temperature. It was 100.5. Ugh! I did not want to be sick on Emmie's 3rd birthday. We had plans to take her out to eat and for ice cream. On Saturday, we were going bowling with family, taking her to her favorite restaurant, and then going home to eat the Strawberry Shortcake cake that she had picked out. Well....none of this ever happened because I got sick. I still am sad about it.

To make a long story short, after 5 days of high fevers, chills, aches, coughing, lying in my bed wondering if I would make it another day, and two visits to see the doctor, I was finally diagnosed with bronchitis and pneumonia. What? I thought it was the middle of July! I honestly think this is the sickest I have been....EVER! I was miserable.

Today is a new day. My fever broke last night (finally) and I am starting to feel like myself again. I will post pictures of Em on her birthday and the pitiful celebration that it was. :( I also need to post on Miss Ellie since she turned 9 months old today! First though, I need to go take another antibiotic to make sure this stuff is long gone!

No comments: