Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Big Birthday Gift

When Justin and I went shopping for Emmie, we originally thought we would get her a tricycle. Lainie's birthday is next month, so I thought it would be fun to get Emmie a new tricyle and then get Lainie a new bicycle for her birthday. As soon as we walked in the store, the girls immediately ran for the train table. I told Justin that while he had them occupied there, I would walk back to look at the bikes. I found two that were really cute for the girls, so we walked them back there to see what they thought. If they showed no interest, we would keep looking for something else.

Lainie rode and rode and rode the cutest Tinkerbell bicycle and Justin even found her a matching Tinkerbell helmet that was adorable. I was sold! Emmie, however, just wasn't all that excited about the tricycle. She rode around a little bit, but was more interested in the motorized cars that she could sit in. We asked her what she thought, and all she wanted to do was go back to the train table.

We went back to the front of the store so the girls could play trains again. Justin said, "Why don't we just get her a train table?" I thought about it, and thought about the cost involved as usual! It was a little more than we had planned to spend. However, the girls both love, love, love train tables. They are always wanting to go to the toy store, the book store, or the library because they all have train tables.

After thinking about it and talking about it, we decided that is what we would get for Emmie. After all, why can't a house full of girls have a train table amidst the pile of pink?!




They LOVE it!

1 comment:

Keri said...

A train table...what fun! I bet that precious new nephew will enjoy playing with this in a few years!