Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of School

Lainie and Emmie had their first day of school on Tuesday. We went last week to find their classrooms and meet their teachers. Both girls got such sweet teachers this year. I was so impressed with all of them.

Lainie is starting Pre-K 5 this year and her teachers are Mrs. Katie and Mrs. Elise. She has one of her friends, Graham, in her class again. We were so excited that she knew someone! Her teachers are really focusing on getting the kids prepared for Kindergarten, so she has to go in each morning and hang her backpack, put up her lunchbox, put her water bottle in a tray, sign in (which is so funny!) and find her seat to begin an activity. I walked her in on her first day, and I think she was a little overwhelmed! She did great though, and loves school.

Emmie cried when we went to meet her teachers. She has Mrs. Tammy and Mrs. Angie, and they are so sweet to her. Both of her teachers really engaged her and got down on her level to talk to her. She warmed up really quickly and was super excited about school on her first day. She seems to really like it and walks in like such a big girl. She is in the 3 year old class this year, and will be learning lots of fun new things like writing her name.

Here are some pictures of the girls on their first day. Of course, I had their "first day clothes" picked out, and it ended up being in the 50's and 60's instead of warm and sunny. It literally went from the 90's to the 60's overnight. Needless to say, the cute summer outfits I had planned on putting on them didn't work. Emmie had to wear a sweater with the outfit she had on. No matter what they had on, I think they were super cute! :) Their backpacks are about as big as they are! Emmie literally almost fell over when she was wearing hers. Ha!







No comments: