Between now and the time you are old enough to get married, you will have many important decisions to make. What extracurricular activities will you be involved in? What college will you attend? Will you pledge a sorority? What will you major in? What career will you choose? There are so many options out there that will be available to you, and I believe all three of you will succeed in whatever you choose to do. However, one of the most important decisions you will make in life will be who you will marry. Who will be the man that you choose to stand by for the rest of your lifetime?
Since the time you were all three conceived, I have been praying for your husbands. I don't know who these precious boys are, but I know that they have been on my heart and prayed over since I found out about your precious lives. There are so many things that I pray for regarding each of your husbands. I pray that he would be a spiritual leader for your family. That he would truly have a heart for God and have Him as his first priority, and you second. I pray for his career. That God would guide him in the path he chooses and that he would have a passion for the job he has. I pray that he would be a supportive husband. That he would always be a soft place for you to fall and be your biggest cheerleader and advocate. I pray that he would be faithful. That he would never be overcome with temptation and would always stay true to his word and his vows. I pray that he would be an amazing father to your children. That he would love them, guide them, and encourage them each day to be the very best that they can be. I pray that he would be a leader. That he would look to his Heavenly Father for decisions and not the world around him. There are so many things that I pray for in your spouse, and I trust that God hears my prayers.
I will encourage you to begin praying for your husband as soon as you are old enough to understand that concept. I prayed for your Daddy for so many years. I really do remember praying for him before high school every morning. I had no idea who I was praying for, but I knew that I knew that I knew that he was out there and my prayers were being heard. I can honestly say that I believe the strength of my marriage with your Daddy is because of those prayers. He is amazing and truly is God's best for me. I love him with every ounce of my being, and I am honored that he chose me to be his wife. I hope that you will understand that feeling and that level of love one day too.
I will encourage you to wait. Wait for God's best for you. There will be so many men out there, and there may be several that would be good candidates for marriage. However, I want you to wait for God's best for you. You will wonder how you know if this man or that man is the one. I had those feelings too. However, once I met your Daddy, I knew without question, without any hesitation or reservation that he was the person I was supposed to be with. Did we go through trials and tribulations? Absolutely. Did we have to overcome some obstacles? You bet! But throughout our relationship, I always had a peace that we would be fine. You will know. You will have no reservations when he gets down on one knee if he is God's best for you.
I will encourage you to have independence, even when you become one together in marriage. Of course, I will encourage you to rely on your husband, to be there for him and support him, to love him unconditionally, but I also believe that it is imperative to have really great girlfriends that you can depend on, trust, talk to. Believe me, your Daddy hears about 50% of what I am saying when there is a football game on, especially if the conversation is about a cute dress I found at the mall. :). However, I can call a girlfriend and she will usually hear 100% of my words. You will need nights out, pedicures, coffee with a friend, a person to help you pick out a dress to wear to a special occasion. I hope that all three of you will be there for each other, but I also hope and pray that you will have real, honest, trustworthy, loving girlfriends that can support you and love you too. Your husband should be your second priority behind God, but he doesn't need to be who you rely on for everything.
Thank you girls for teaching me. I hope to be able to write you more letters, more experiences, more lessons that I have learned. However, if I never say another thing, you will be fine. I know this for sure. God has you. He holds you in His hand and He has you. He loves you more than I ever could, and I believe with everything in me that you will be completely fine. However, I love sharing with you about you, about me, just as much as I love praying for your husbands as I put my make-up on in the morning.
I love you!
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment