Monday, August 13, 2012

Greycie

The girls and I love to go to Petsmart every now and then to look at the animals. It is something fun to do that is close to home and free! About 2 weeks ago, I decided to take them to see the animals since Riley needed dog food. When we got back to the cats, there were several precious kittens. That was actually the first time that we saw kittens in that store as they usually have adult cats.

While we were there, they had let most of the kittens out of their cages to play in the "playroom." However, there was one grey kitten left alone in her cage that was absolutely the cutest and sweetest thing. I thought she was precious, and when I saw her name, I knew she needed to come home with us. Lainie has wanted a kitten for a long time, but it just hasn't worked out for us to get a cat up until this point.

We left and I told Justin that night that I had seen the cutest kitten named Gracie that day with the girls. He just rolled his eyes since I frequently come home talking about some cat I saw. We decided to take the girls to see Gracie again and play with her that weekend. When we took her to the "playroom," she was so sweet and very laid back. She really wasn't that playful. I honestly think she was the most calm kitten I had ever been around.

We left on Saturday and said we would think about her. Her foster mom was there and said that she was really sweet, and everyone loved her. She also mentioned that the reason they didn't let her play with the other kittens was because she would get scared and didn't like when they would be rough with her.

I couldn't stop thinking about Gracie, so on Tuesday, we went to see her again and decided to bring her home. She is the sweetest cat! Justin said we might as well have bought a stuffed cat because she is so laid back. Ha! I did change the way we spell her name just because I like Greycie since she is grey. :) Here are a few pictures of the newest member of our family....



No comments: