Friday, August 17, 2012

Lainie's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Lainie's 1st day of Kindergarten. She only went for 1/2 of a day and it was only the girls in her class. She loved it! She got in the car and said, "Mom, it was so cool!" She was chosen by her teacher to be line leader all day, so she was super excited about that. She also went to the playground, bought lunch at school (pb and j, carrots, apples, and chocolate milk) and went to P.E. She really likes her teacher, Mrs. McGrath and said that she is "really sweet."

I honestly can't believe that she is in school. It hit me at parent orientation that this was no longer preschool. She walked into her classroom like such a big girl and didn't cry a tear. Justin and I are so very proud of her. We really think that she is going to have a great year. Today is her first full day, and it has been so long! I can't wait to get my hands on our sweet girl in an hour.

Her class is decorated in monkeys, which is perfect for her. Monkeys are her favorite animal, so I love that everything in her classroom has a monkey theme. I have prayed and prayed for her teacher, as well as her peers. I totally trust that God has His hand on her and I am looking forward to all the adventures that this school year holds.

As we were walking out of the school building, Emmie said, "I sure am going to miss Lainie." They truly are best friends, so I think she really will miss her sister. However, I am going to do my best to make sure I spend lots of quality time with Em and El while they are home with me during the day! It is SO different with just two girls in the house.

Lainie and her teacher, Mrs. McGrath
Totally put the wrong years on the sign. Ugh! I blame in on nerves and stress. :) 2012-2013
Our big girl!
She's a monkey!
Sitting at her desk for the first time

1 comment:

Keri said...

I didn't even notice the date was wrong until you pointed it out on FB.
Hope she enjoyed her first two days of kindergarten. So hard to believe she is old enough for "big school"