Earlier this week, Paige's husband, Bryan, called me and said he had an idea for Paige's birthday but he would need my help. Being the sweet friend that I am, I said "No problem!" He went on to say that he had booked an executive suite at the Opryland Hotel for Friday night and wanted me to go spend the night there with Paige, Calie and Jamie. He was having champagne delivered at 7:00 that night to the room, had arranged for us to have dinner at a steakhouse in the hotel at 8:00, and had scheduled massages for all of us at 10:30 the next morning. Again, being the sweet friend that I am, I said "Of course!" and then thought, "Happy Birthday to Paige??? Ummmmm, Happy Birthday to ME!" I was so excited!
Once we got to the hotel, the guy at the front desk told us that the Executive Suites were completely sold out and we weren't able to get one. We kind of stood there, looked pathetic, and then his manager walked up. She asked if we would be willing to take the $3500.00 per night PRESIDENTIAL suite instead. WHAT? Again, I thought, "Happy Birthday to Paige??? Ummmmm, Happy Birthday to ME!" Ha! We had such a great time celebrating Paige's birthday. I feel like I should just let my birthday go by unannounced this year and call it "officially celebrated!" :)





And because I know you are all curious, here are pics of the suite!





4 comments:
I don't even know what to say! I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! What an awesome hubby!!!
I am so jealous too...I was just telling Steven a few weeks ago that I would love to go to the Opryland hotel. I will be sure to let Justin know if he plans on doing anything like this for your birthday...I can be in Nashville in no time!!
Man...what would a girl do without such "sweet friends"!! And what a great hubby...setting the bar high...LOVE IT!
That's a nice birthday present.. and even nicer that you got to tag along.. awesome suite!!
Post a Comment