Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy 9 Months to Emmie!

Happy 9 Months to our little (or should I say "big") girl, Emmie!! Oh sweet baby, this week has been a tough one for you, but you are hanging in there as usual. Your sweet spirit shines through even when you don't feel well. So far, your ninth month has brought the following:

* a double ear infection
* a terrible, runny, yucky little button nose
* a trip to the doctor's office (where you weighed in at over 21 pounds)
* a prescription for another antibiotic
* an upset tummy due to that antibiotic
* an appointment to see an ENT
* a recommendation that you get tubes in your ears
* a frustrating cough
* THREE new teeth breaking through your little red, swollen gums and
* THREE more that are trying to break through
* Mommy cutting your little finger while trying to cut your nails, as if you needed anymore to deal with. Oh the guilt..you never shed a tear! :)

Oh, bless your sweet heart, baby girl! I hate it for you, but you are such a ray of sunshine and smile through it all. I could not have asked for a sweeter baby or a more precious disposition from you. We love you angel girl!

Some of the fun things that you are doing right now as you turn into a big 9-month old punkin'....

* you just learned to clap your hands
* you LOVE music and love to have me sing to you, even though I sing silly songs to you more than sweet songs.
* you LOVE bath time even more. As soon as I turn on the water, you start kicking your legs and smiling so big! It makes Mommy's night every time!
* you think Lainie is absolutely hilarious, but that has been going on for as long as I can remember.
* you tuck your head into Mommy's shoulder and act shy, although I am beginning to think that you really aren't all that shy afterall.
* you talk and talk very loudly! You love to share stories with whoever will listen.
* you would live outside if I let you. You and your sister both love to be outdoors.
* you ate Puffs for the first time this week and only gagged a couple of times.
* you love to chew on pizza crust! :)
* you will shift from sitting to being on all fours, but you still aren't crawling.
* you are nosey, nosey, nosey....oh, how you are nosey! You don't want to miss ANYTHING. Feeding you can be a challenge because of that! :)
* and Mommy's all time favorite...you lean in, lay your head on Mommy's shoulder and love on me before I put you in your crib to go to sleep. Oh, melts my heart every time!

Here are some pictures on Emmie's 9-month birthday! She was very interested in her first Hello Kitty bandaid. It lasted about an hour before she chewed it right off! :) As you can see, we celebrated in pajamas today. She just didn't feel well enough to get all dolled up. I could eat her up either way! :)





2 comments:

Keri said...

Such sweet sweet pics!

The Rumage's said...

Poor baby...but still such a doll, even when she feels bad!

I can't believe she is that big now - you have terrific eaters! Baileigh has started being picky...and having stuffy nose has made it worse!