Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's A Boy!

After hearing about the wonderful organization, Compassion, from several people, Justin and I decided to look into sponsoring a child. Whenever a person chooses to sponsor a child, they choose to provide the opportunity for that child to hear the gospel and learn about Jesus, receive an education, be given medical assistance, and the opportunity to develop self-confidence and social skills.

Justin and I chose to sponsor a little boy named Jose. He is absolutely precious and reminds me a little bit of Justin! :) He is six years old and in kindergarten. He loves soccer, playing with cars, and playing with marbles.

Each child only has one sponsor, so we are given the opportunity to correspond with this little boy. We can right him letters, send pictures, and small monetary gifts for special occasions. He can also write to us as well. It is such a neat experience.

I have put a link to the Compassion website on the right side of my blog. I know that during these economic times, it is tough to entertain the thought of another expense. However, these kids are living in extreme poverty, and I felt like I could definitely do without another outfit for the girls or some Starbucks coffee and sponsor a precious little boy named Jose! I encourage you to check it out!

3 comments:

kimie said...

congrats! with scott, my little alberto and your little man, our girls are now outnumbered! :) i love all of your blog posts. i may steal a few pics for my blog. your blog looks super-festive! love you all!!!

The Howards said...

We have a compassion child too. Her name is Marni and she is from Indonesia!! We love writing her letters and hearing from her!!

Christie said...

Mere, this is so wonderful! I must say when I read the title, I was thinking I'm going to kill Mere that she hasn't already told me this. :)
By the way, I love the new blog header! That is such a great picture of Lainie and Emmie!