Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

We had a very low-key Fourth of July this year. Sunday night, we went to a BBQ picnic with our church. It was held at a farm and the girls loved it. They were able to run, run, run, play with bubbles, watch the cows, swing on an old tire swing, and meet new friends. We left right before the fireworks because it was late and Ellie was ready for bed.


Monday, Lainie, Emmie and I went to the pool while J stayed home with Ellie. Once we got home, Emmie ate a cookie and crashed in the process. She literally fell asleep in the middle of the den floor! Poor baby girl!

Aunt Kimie, Uncle Dane, Aunt Ooey and Uncle Mick all came over that afternoon to cook out.






The fireworks in our neighborhood are amazing. I have never seen so many individual families do fireworks like our neighbors do. Needless to say, it was the perfect way to watch them. We were able to put Ellie to bed and then take the other girls outside on the back porch to see them. Lainie actually fell asleep watching them.

We had a great 4th and are so thankful for the reason we celebrate!

16 comments:

Keri said...

Love the picture of the your family of 5! That outfit Ellie has on sure does look familiar :) The girls are precious as always!

Keri said...

I clearly do not proofread my comments before I click publish, huh? Oh well.. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the floor sleeping. It looks like you had a wonderful day!

Jodi said...

Your girls have cute names. I love the name Lainie!

Aishlea said...

Blog hopping from Jenna's Journey! Your blog is too cute. I have a 6 month old baby boy...and I was born in AL, now live in GA, and work in TN. :)

Jennifer said...

That Auburn chair caught my eye... hubs is a HUGE AUburn fan :)
Looks like you had a great day :)

Kenli said...

i'm just boppin' over from jenna's journey - love the blog and i've added it to my daily reads :)

Rachel said...

Cute blog!! Love the dresses!!!

Brittany Nolan said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. :) You have a beautiful family! And you are living my dream of having 3 girls! ;) God bless!

Rachel said...

Your kids are so precious! I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Kristin said...

Just stopping by from Jenna's...your blog is very cute and your family is precious!

Brittney said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! People always tell me I'm crazy for having kids this close in age - but I think it's the best! Your girls are so precious!

Stephanie said...

Stopping by from Jennas Journey- looks like you had a full, fun fourth! On another note, your Riley looks just like a dog named Buffy we had while growing up. She was the sweetest thing!

Wendy said...

Beautiful family.

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your girls are way too cute!! I love their outfits!!

Heidi said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. You have such a cute family! Sounds like you had tons of fun on the 4th.