Sunday, September 14, 2008

Doctor's Appointments

We went to see Dr. Ray on Wednesday, September 10 for Lainie's two year check-up and Emmie's two month check-up. Both girls did great! We switched pediatricians so Lainie could see a woman instead of a man because she is SO scared of men for some reason. I kept thinking she would grow out of her fear so I continued using Dr. Collins since he really was a great doctor. After seeing Lainie so upset so many times, I decided to switch once Emmie was born and start completely over with a new pediatrician. I wish I had listened to my instincts MONTHS ago! Lainie loved Dr. Ray and talked her ear off! She stuck her chest right out so the doctor could listen to her heart, let her look in her ears, eyes, etc. without a fuss. She did GREAT and never cried until she had her shot. It was unbelievable! All that to say that Lainie checked out great. Her stats were:
Weight
26 pounds, 2 ounces - 45th percentile
Height
34 1/2 inches long - 75th percentile

Emmie also checked out great, but did NOT appreciate the four shots that she was given. She also had the oral rotavirus vaccine that day. Why do they have to get so many shots at once? I have a very hard time with that, but that is another story for another day! She did run fever and felt pretty yucky the day after all of her vaccines, but she started feeling better on Friday. Her stats were:

Weight
11 pounds, 7 ounces - 70th percentile
Height
23 1/2 inches long - 90th percentile

No comments: