Lainie Bug
* Lainie has started looking at Emmie and saying, "Emmie, don't be didiculous!" I don't remember using the word ridiculous much with them, but maybe I do!
* She loves letters. I think her fascination comes from loving the show "Word World." She can spell and write her name, or any name for that matter. I have gotten Mother's Day cards and birthday cards with her writing in them and they are absolutely precious!
* If Emmie ever even lays a finger on her, I hear "Mommy, Em is hurting me again." If I hear that once during the day, I hear it 5000 times!
* She has started singing "God Our Father" to bless our food every night. I will admit that I open my eyes during her prayer to look at her and Emmie because they are so precious. Lainie is singing with a huge smile on her face, and Em just watches her grinning ear to ear as well. Love it!
* She also says her prayers at night and they basically are a rundown of our day....thanking Him for everything we did that day! They do always start out with "Thanks for Mommy and Daddy"... :)
* She loves Knock Knock jokes! She always wants to tell them to us. Emmie has even started telling them after listening to Lainie all this time!
* She is still scared of water. She will not even entertain the thought of getting in the pool. However, our pool is zero level entry, so she will walk into the water until it is about knee deep, but that is her idea of swimming. I have to get that girl into some swim lessons.
* She has also started actually talking on the phone to her Daddy while he is at work. She had never really been interested in doing that, but now she will. She really won't talk to anyone else on the phone, but the girl has always had a special place in her heart for her Daddy!
* She jumps off of everything....her bed, the couch, the second step when coming down the stairs, the side of the pool (where there is 1/2 an inch of water), out of the car, etc. Jump, jump, jump!
* She can dress herself now and loves to show off her skills. She always wants to get her clothes or pajamas on by herself.
* Her very favorite movie is "The Jungle Book." She knows every word of that movie and loves to sing "The Bear Necessities." She also still loves Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell.
* She loves, loves to listen to the baby's heartbeat! We have a doppler at the house, so she wants to listen to the baby every morning. She says she is having a brother and his name will be Jackson. I asked her what we should name the baby if it is a girl and she said, "Jackson!" Her friend, Jonah, has a baby brother named Jackson, so I guess she thinks her sibling should have the same name.
Emmie
* Little Miss Em is talking up a storm these days and it is absolutely adorable! Some words she is saying: no no, Mommy, Daddy, Lainie, Riley, ni nike (night night), get up, milk, shoo wee, stinky, baby, bunny, bye bye, owie, book, yeah, mine, monkey, boon (balloon), cow, look, Mickey, bow, kank you (thank you), pease (please), sorry, stuck, nack (snack), bath, pac (pacifier), raf (giraffe), etc. She can repeat any word you say and can say all the names of aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc.
* She has started sleeping in Lainie's bed at night. We let her do it one night and now she will not sleep in her crib! I make her take naps in her crib during the day because they will not settle down to nap, but she always sleeps with Bug at night. I love listening to them before they fall asleep because they just talk and giggle...so cute!
* She still has her pacifier and bunny that she sleeps with. She has become more attached to her pacifier as she has gotten older...dread taking that thing away!
* She loves, loves, loves to play with her babies. She was carrying around four of them the other day. She will give them bottles, put them to bed with a blanket and pat their back while they fall asleep, push them in their baby stroller, and change their stinky diaper with a wipe and all. She is such a little momma!
* If Justin or I act like we are crying, Emmie will walk up to us and pat our leg while saying "It's ok!"
* When we are in the car, Emmie will look at me and say, "Mommy, where's Daddy?" I will say, "Daddy is right here" and then she says, "Hi Daddy!" She will proceed to ask Daddy where Mommy is, Mommy where Lainie is, etc and always says "Hi" to each person after we answer her.
* She loves to read books!
* She loves to be outside! We cannot get into the car or out of the car without her crying because she wants to stay outside. It doesn't help that her cars are in the garage where our actual car is, and she loves to ride in her cars. She just does not understand why she can't get them out and ride everytime we go to the garage.
* She will walk around and say "Roar!!" with her hands in the air pretending she is a monster and trying to scare everyone. Lainie does this too, so she learned it from her big sister.
* She also sings "God Our Father" after Lainie finishes her blessing every night. She uses her own little language, but the tune of the song is right on every time.
* She knows all body parts...eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, hair, toes, fingers, cheek, chin, knee, elbow, etc.
* She loves, loves shoes! She is always wanting different shoes on her feet, including Lainie's shoes that are entirely too big.
Both girls are changing so much! It is hard to think of all the things they say and do. They are so much fun most of the time. We definitely have our share of tempers, attitude and sass around here! However, it seems like they always pull some sweetness our of nowhere to help get them out of trouble! Love our girls!



1 comment:
They are so cute! Don't you just love the things they do...even the irritating ones.
I dreaded taking away the paci too...B did the same thing - got more attached as she got older and taking it away was not going well. The doc told me to use a straight pin and poke a hole in every one you have then offer them up as usual - even let her pick them out herself. It took about a week before B decided they were all "broked" and she refused them when I offered them up to her at night. Worked like a charm and there was no struggling or horrible fits!
Post a Comment